Intelligence collection is manual. It’s tedious. It takes forever.
But you don’t have to do it all on your own.
Using tools like recon-ng, you can automate your open source intelligence collection process - whether it’s for business intelligence or security reconnaissance. Find out how to use recon-ng in this quick tutorial video:
This how-to video gets you up to speed with a quick introduction to recon-ng, a great framework for collecting OSINT automatically, and then goes straight into an example so you can see how the information gathering process works in practice.
In it, you’ll learn:
- how to run recon-ng and use the built-in help system
- the basics of using workspaces to organize your OSINT engagements and keep records
- methodology for starting your investigation by manually adding data and API keys to build from
- techniques for conducting real-world reconnaissance using recon-ng’s built-in capabilities, including how to choose which recon-ng modules to run
- analysis methods to query recon-ng’s database and view the intelligence you’ve collected
PLUS, download this recon-ng cheatsheet to get a description of every module in one convenient PDF.